Category Archives: SK PNP

SINP: FAQ: Skilled Workers

I meet the 35 points requirement under the Skilled Workers Category, but I do not have a job offer in Saskatchewan. Can I still apply under this category?

No. In order to be eligible under this category you must have a permanent full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan Employer in a NOC level 0, A or B on the NOC Matrix or in a Designated trade in Saskatchewan.

Read more

SINP: FAQ: Family Members

I am applying under the Family Members Category. Does my job offer need to be in the NOC level 0, A or B or be a designated trade in Saskatchewan?

No. Under the Family Members Category, the SINP will accept a job offer at any NOC level.

Live-in-Caregivers are not eligible jobs under this program. See Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) Live-in Caregiver program.

Read more

SINP: General Questions

What is the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)?

The SINP is an immigration program under which the Province of Saskatchewan selects individuals from other countries who intend to settle in Saskatchewan and nominates them to the federal government for landed immigrant status. The SINP eligibility criteria reflect the specific needs of Saskatchewan’s labour market and economy.

Read more

SINP: Program Integrity

The Program Integrity Branch enhances Saskatchewan’s reputation as the leading destination of choice for immigrants, by working to ensure the well-being and protection of the rights of foreign workers and other immigrants in the province.

Read more

SINP: Students

The Student Category allows eligible post-secondary graduates to apply for landed immigrant status under the SINP. There are two streams of the Student Category: the Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream and the Master’s and PhD Graduate Stream.


Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream

Read more

SINP: Long Haul Truck Drivers

The SINP Long Haul Truck Driver Project allows Saskatchewan trucking firms to bring truckers to the province under Service Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker policy for occupations requiring a high school diploma or on-the-job training.

The project was developed in conjunction with the Saskatchewan Trucking Association, Service Canada (SC) and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to attract long-haul truck drivers to Saskatchewan.

Read more

SINP:Hospitality Sector Pilot Project

The Hospitality Sector Project is a pilot initiative we are currently testing – its duration and scope are limited.

Under the Hospitality Sector Pilot Project the SINP can nominate foreign workers that are currently working in Saskatchewan for a minimum of six months on a temporary work permit issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), supported by Service Canada’s (SC) Temporary Foreign Worker labour market confirmation, and in one of the following categories:

Food/Beverage Server (NOC 6453)
Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper (NOC 6641)
Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff (NOC 6661)

Read more

SINP:Health Professions

Applicants to the SINP Health Professions Category must already be working full-time in Saskatchewan as a physician, nurse or other health professional on a temporary work permit for at least six months in order to apply.

If you are not currently employed in Saskatchewan, you need to contact the appropriate organization to determine what further studies, examinations and/or certifications you need to qualify for jobs in Saskatchewan:

Physicians: contact the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CoPSS).
Nurses: contact the appropriate nursing licensing body: Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses (SALPN), Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) or Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association (SRNA).
Other Health Professions: Click here for a list of regulatory authorities in Saskatchewan.

Read more

SINP: Farm Owners / Operators

The Farm Owner/Operator category is for individuals with proven experience in farming and substantial capital available to invest in a farming operation and who intend to purchase and operate a farming operation in Saskatchewan.

The Young Farmer stream of the Farm Owner/Operator Category is designed to allow young farm families to establish their lives and farming operations in our province’s rural areas.

Applicants considering applying under this category are encouraged to contact SINP officials to learn more about the eligibility criteria of the program. SINP officials will also ensure applicants are contacted by officials in Saskatchewan Agriculture–Food and Rural Revitalization who can advise them on the type of farming operation they intend to operate in Saskatchewan.

For more information on farm ownership legislation pertaining to non-residents, please visit the Saskatchewan Farm Land Security Board’s website at

Read more

SINP: Family Members

This category is for immigrant families living in Saskatchewan who want to help their skilled and educated family members come to work and live in the province.

Applicants must have a relative who has been living in Saskatchewan for at least one year. They must be willing to provide applicants with assistance during the immigration process and after they arrive in Saskatchewan. These relatives are called supporting family members.

Read more
1 2 3