PROVINCIAL NEWS HEADLINES
Design Improvements to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
The MPNP design improvements will create two easy avenues for immigration:
- Skilled workers currently in Manitoba as temporary foreign workers or international student graduates will continue to be eligible for the program with a job offer after six months of local employment.
- Skilled workers overseas will be awarded points for language, work history, education and adaptability.A connection to Manitoba either through previous work experience, family or friends will remain a key factor under the program.
The MPNP design improvements will come into effect April 1, 2013.
For more information on the design improvements please visit our website atwww.immigratemanitoba.com.
SASKATCHEWAN INTRODUCES LEGISLATION TO PROTECT FOREIGN WORKERS AND IMMIGRANTS
Full version of the Act:
- Every employer recruiting foreign workers must register with SK authority
- Every foreign recruiter must obtain SK license
- No employer or recruiter may charge fees related to obtaining employment
- Immigration consultant who is also licensed recruiter must have separate contract with both parties if working for employer and foreign worker
By Martin Ouellet, The Canadian Press, December 5, 2012