Tag Archives: FAQ

SINP: FAQ: Temporary Work Permits

I am working in Saskatchewan on a Temporary Work Permit. Could I be considered under the SINP?

Yes. Please refer to the Existing Work Permit sub-category of the Skilled Workers Category to check the specific requirements. Please note that the SINP only considers applicants under this sub-category if their work permit required a positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from Service Canada in order to obtain the permit. If you are currently working under an open work permit you may need to apply under the broader Skilled Workers Category.

Read more

SINP: FAQ: Entrepreneur Category

Entrepreneur Category – Former Process Effective Prior to October 1, 2009

I wish to immigrate to Canada and am willing to invest in a business in Saskatchewan. Am I eligible under the SINP’s Entrepreneur category?

Business applicants must first meet the eligibility criteria as set forth by the program and further show that they intend to manage and operate a business in Saskatchewan, not just invest in it, and that they will live in Saskatchewan. Passive investments (investments in a business without ongoing management responsibilities) are not eligible. Individuals wishing to immigrate as passive investors may apply under the federal Immigrant Investor Program administered by CIC.

Read more

SINP: FAQ: Long-Haul Truck Drivers

I have a lot of experience as a truck driver in my country. Am I eligible to apply to the SINP Long-Haul Truck Driver Project?

In order to be eligible for this category, you must first have worked for an approved trucking firm in Saskatchewan for 6 months and have a full-time permanent job offer with the same trucking firm. Please check all of the criteria for this category.

Read more

SINP: FAQ: Students

I am about to graduate however I do not have a post-graduation work permit but I have an offer of permanent employment from a Saskatchewan Employer. Can I apply?

Yes. You may apply under the Master’s/PHP Subcategory of the Student Category or other categories under the SINP.

Read more

SINP: FAQ: Health Professions

I would like to come to Saskatchewan through the Health Professions Category. How can I find information on jobs and regulations related to my health profession?

Please contact the appropriate regulatory association for your health profession. You can search for job postings related to Health Professions at www.healthcareersinsask.ca, or Saskatchewan Health.

Read more

SINP: FAQ: Skilled Workers

I meet the 35 points requirement under the Skilled Workers Category, but I do not have a job offer in Saskatchewan. Can I still apply under this category?

No. In order to be eligible under this category you must have a permanent full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan Employer in a NOC level 0, A or B on the NOC Matrix or in a Designated trade in Saskatchewan.

Read more

SINP: FAQ: Family Members

I am applying under the Family Members Category. Does my job offer need to be in the NOC level 0, A or B or be a designated trade in Saskatchewan?

No. Under the Family Members Category, the SINP will accept a job offer at any NOC level.

Live-in-Caregivers are not eligible jobs under this program. See Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) Live-in Caregiver program.

Read more