Applicants to the SINP Health Professions Category must already be working full-time in Saskatchewan as a physician, nurse or other health professional on a temporary work permit for at least six months in order to apply.
If you are not currently employed in Saskatchewan, you need to contact the appropriate organization to determine what further studies, examinations and/or certifications you need to qualify for jobs in Saskatchewan:
- Physicians: contact the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CoPSS).
- Nurses: contact the appropriate nursing licensing body: Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses (SALPN), Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) or Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association (SRNA).
- Other Health Professions: Click here for a list of regulatory authorities in Saskatchewan.
The Health Professions Category is divided into three sub-categories:
- PhysiciansUnder the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), Saskatchewan can nominate physicians whose educational and professional certifications qualify them for employment in Saskatchewan.
- NursesUnder the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), Saskatchewan can nominate Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Psychiatric Nurses or Registered Nurses (RN) if their educational and professional certifications qualify them for employment in Saskatchewan.
- Other Health ProfessionsUnder the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) Saskatchewan can nominate health professionals currently working in health occupations that are supported by the appropriate licensing body (if applicable).