BC PNP: Business Immigration: strategic projects
Strategic Projects Requirements
The Strategic Projects category assists foreign-controlled companies establishing an eligible business in BC with the timely entry of foreign key managerial, professional or technical staff, up to a maximum of 5 per company, who intend to become permanent residents of Canada and settle in BC
Companies applying in this category will be required to:
- Make a minimum equity investment of $500,000.
- Create at least three jobs for Canadians or permanent residents in BC for each nominee applicant put forward by the company.
- Demonstrate a record of good business practices and successful business operations outside of Canada that are relevant to the proposed business.
- Establish or purchase and expand an eligible business anywhere in BC
- Incorporate a Canadian subsidiary or register an extra-provincial company in BC to operate the proposed business.
- Demonstrate that the nominee applicants are qualified senior personnel who are essential to establishing or expanding and operating the proposed business in BC
- Sign a Performance Agreement with the Province of British Columbia.
The fast track option is NOT available to nominee candidates in the Strategic Projects category
Strategic Projects applicants who commit to purchase an existing business outside of the GVRD/Abbotsford that has been in operation for at least 5 years will have their stipulated job creation requirements reduced by one job for each existing job that is to be maintained for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.