AINP: Strategic Recruitment Stream: How to apply to the Strategic Recruitment Stream
For U.S. Visa Holder Category applicants who submitted their application to the AINP on or before August 23, 2010, only steps 4 through 7 will apply to you.
For Compulsory and Optional Trades Category applicants, you must obtain your Alberta Qualification Certificate from Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) before you apply to the AINP. Visit the AIT website for the steps required to obtain an Alberta Qualification Certificate.
1. You must review the criteria for the category you are applying to. If you do not meet the criteria your application will be declined.
2. Put your application together. Make sure that you complete the application form and include all supporting documents for the category you are applying to.
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category document checklist and application forms
- Engineering Occupations Category document checklist application forms
3. Send your complete application to the AINP. Make sure you complete the required forms and include all required documents. If your application is not complete, it will be returned to you. When you mail your application, you must clearly indicate which category you are applying to. Complete applications can be mailed to:
Strategic Recruitment Stream – Compulsory and Optional Trades
OR Engineering Occupations
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
Alberta Employment and Immigration
Suite 940, Telus Plaza North Tower
10025 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1S6
4. The AINP will assess your application according to our processing times.
For U.S. Visa Holder Category applicants who submitted their application on or before August 23, 2010 only: Eligible candidates with a valid job offer in Alberta will receive priority processing. For more information, visit the U.S. Visa Holder Category criteria page.
5. If your AINP application is approved, you will become a Provincial Nominee. You will get a nomination package in the mail. Make sure you read all documents in the package. The information in the package will tell you and your dependants how to apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
7. CIC will conduct health, criminality and security checks. If you and your dependants meet all required checks, CIC would then issue the permanent resident visa(s) for immigration to Alberta.
Date Updated: Mar 14, 2011