AINP: Self-Employed Farmer Stream: How to apply
1. Download the necessary document checklist and application forms.
2. Complete the AINP 004: Self-Employed Farmer Stream application.
3. Submit the application (make sure you include all forms and supporting documents) to Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development at:
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development
J.G. O’Donoghue Building
200, 7000-113 Street
T6H 5T6 Canada
Toll Free in Alberta: 310-FARM (310-3276) or 1-866-882-7677
Telephone: (Canada 001) 403-742-7901
4. Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development will assess the application. As part of this assessment, you will be required to attend an in-person interview with representatives of the Government of Alberta to determine your eligibility under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP).
5. If Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development is satisfied with your application, they will forward your application to the AINP for assessment.
6. If your AINP application is approved, you will become a Provincial Nominee. You will receive a nomination package in the mail. Make sure you read all documents in the package. The information in the package will tell you and your dependants how to apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
8. CIC will conduct health, criminality and security checks. If you and your dependants meet all required checks, CIC would then issue the permanent resident visa(s) for immigration to Alberta.
Date Updated: Jul 23, 2010