AINP: Family Stream: How to apply to the Family Stream
The AINP is currently not accepting applications under the AINP Family Stream. Applications postmarked after August 23, 2010 will be returned to the Alberta Relative. Applications postmarked on or before August 23, 2010 that meet all program criteria will be accepted for processing and will be processed according to AINP Processing Times and Family Stream criteria.
The AINP will not accept any applications after August 23, 2010. If your application was returned or declined anytime on or before August 23, 2010, you cannot reapply after August 23, 2010.
For Family Stream applicants who submitted an application to the AINP on or before August 23, 2010, the following steps will apply to you:
- AINP assesses the application
- AINP will only assess complete applications that meet all criteria. Incomplete applications will be returned and you cannot reapply as the AINP is currently not accepting applications under the Family Stream.
- The Alberta Relative will act as the primary contact for the application to the AINP and will be responsible for answering any questions or requests for additional information.
- If AINP approves the application, the Candidate will become a Provincial Nominee. The nomination package will be sent to the Alberta Relative.
- The nomination package will tell the Provincial Nominee how to proceed with the permanent residence application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
- For information about your next steps visit the after you are nominated section.
- The Provincial Nominee submits their permanent residence application to CIC along with supporting documents.
- CIC conducts health, criminal and security checks. If the Provincial Nominee and their dependants meet all required checks, CIC would then issue the permanent resident visa(s) for immigration to Alberta.
If the Candidate or Alberta Relative does not meet minimum requirements or does not provide all required documents, the application will be returned. No file will be created and no assessment of the application will take place. You cannot reapply as the AINP is currently not accepting applications under the Family Stream.
Date Updated: Aug 23, 2010