AINP: Engineering occupations criteria
The criteria for the Engineering Occupations Category (includes but is not limited to):
- You must be currently residing in Alberta.
- You must intend to and be able to live permanently in Alberta.
- You must provide evidence of related education/training and experience as an engineer, designer or drafter.
- You must be currently working or have worked within the last two years in Alberta either directly or on contract for one of the following:
- A recognized, reputable and well-established Alberta Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Company; and/or
- An Alberta company that is a member of the Consulting Engineers of Alberta.
- Your occupation in Alberta must be on the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream – Engineering Occupations List.
- If you have engineering credentials and you are working in an occupation under NOC 2131, 2132, 2133, 2134, 2141, 2143, 2144, or 2145, you must provide a “Letter of No Objection” from the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA) or show that you are registered with APEGGA as a foreign licensee.
- If you are working in an occupation under NOC 2231, 2232, 2241 or 2253 you do not require a “Letter of No Objection” from APEGGA.
If you meet these criteria, make sure you review the How to Apply section before you submit your application. If your application does not meet AINP criteria, it will be declined. If your application is not complete, it will be returned to you.
Meeting the criteria listed above does not guarantee a nomination or permanent residence.
Date Updated: Jul 20, 2011